Founded in 1896, the Club counted among its members the leading—even legendary—names in philately. Today’s membership is no exception and includes some of the hobby’s best-known collectors, exhibitors, and authors. The vast majority of our group, however, are “regular” collectors who have one thing in common—a thirst to share their enjoyment of the hobby and a desire to learn more about collecting among others who take philately seriously.
Our physical “heart” is the Club’s landmark five-story brownstone, designed by famed architect Stanford White, located at 35th Street and Madison Avenue in New York City. A $1 million renovation was completed in 2000. Additional work was done in 2016 to ensure that the Clubhouse will meet our needs now and well into the future. While many of our members are from the tri-state area, the majority come from throughout the US and many foreign countries.